- 1Clean your face daily for clear skin. Start getting rid of milia by getting into a good skincare routine. Make sure to wash your face with warm water twice a day. You should use a light, gentle cleanser. Try choosing one that specifies "gentle" or "sensitive" skin. Gently rub the cleanser into your skin for 20-30 seconds. Rinse thoroughly, and pat dry with a clean, dry towel.
- 2Use an exfoliator to help clear your skin. Teens and adults should treat milia with an exfoliating treatment. You could either go for an exfoliating moisturizer or a targeted exfoliating product. An exfoliating moisturizer is a good idea if your milia are widespread and accompanied by dry skin. The moisturizer will reduce the build-up of dead skin cells below your skin and the exfoliating aspect will allow your skin to release the dead cells that have already accumulated.ads2222
- 3Add products with Retinol to your routine for brighter looking skin. Retinol is commonly used to fight acne and signs of aging. It has exfoliating properties that keep your skin soft and clear. For best results, use a targeted Retinol lotion and apply it directly to the area of your skin affected by the milia. Wait roughly 30 minutes after you wash your face before using the Retinol.
- 4Try an at-home chemical peel. Peels are one of the most effective ways to get rid of milia because they are basically a deep chemical exfoliant for your skin. If you can’t afford to see a dermatologist, don’t worry. There are lots of at-home chemical peels that work great and are easy to use.
- 5Use steam to open your pores. Opening and cleaning your pores is a great way to have clearer skin. To steam your pores, fill a large bowl with almost boiling water. Carefully lean over the bowl with your face near the water. Drape a towel over your head to keep the steam in, and stay like that for 5-10 minutes. Alternatively, you could run a hot shower with your bathroom door closed and the fan off. The room should get pretty steamy. Sit in the steam for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Make an egg mask 3 times a week. Eggs contain retinol, so they can help clear up your skin. To make an easy mask, combine 1 egg white, ½ tsp almond oil, 1 tbsp plain yogurt, 1 tbsp raw honey. Mix into a paste and apply to areas with milia. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water and pat dry. Use this mask 3 times a week to see the best results.
How to Get Rid of Milia?
Milia are tiny white bumps that can afflict your skin at any age, though they are most common in infants. Milia pose no threat to you initially, but it is most likely to cause acne if you leave them alone. If they are really bothering you, however, there are a few things you can do to encourage the process and speed it up. Here you can try some home remedies or consult a skin-care professional to begin your journey towards brighter skin!