- 1Skip long, hot showers and baths. Hot water can dry out your skin, so if you spend a long time in hot showers, you run the risk of harming your skin. Stick to warm water only, and limit the amount of time you're in the shower.
- 2Protect your skin from the sun. The sun can damage your skin over time, making it age faster. To protect your skin, use a daily sunscreen. Avoid the sun, particularly at the hottest part of the day, and wear clothing that covers your skin, including a hat, sunglasses, pants, and a long-sleeved shirt.ads2222
- 3Stay hydrated. Drinking water is essential for your body to function well, and that includes your skin. If you're dehydrated, your skin will also dry out. Drink enough water so that you don't feel thirsty, which is usually enough to keep your skin hydrated. Women should aim to drink at least 2.2 liters (0.6 US gal) or nine cups of water a day. Guys should aim to drink at least three liters (13 cups) of water a day.
- 4Apply moisturizers. When your skin is dry, it needs a good moisturizer, such as a body lotion. When choosing one, look for one that matches your skin type, such as a lotion meant for oily or dry skin. You can pick one with an SPF to accomplish two things at once.
- 5Feed your skin omega-3 fatty acids. Your skin needs good fats to stay healthy and keep that natural glow. Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids are particularly good for nourishment. Add foods like salmon, mackerel, soybean oil, walnuts, flaxseed, sardines, albacore tuna, and tofu to your diet to improve your skin.
- 6Work on your mind. Various physical ailments are worsened by stress, anxiety, and depression. Skin ailments are no different, and they may be helped by working on your internal problems. If you have issues with anxiety or depression, medication or therapy may be helpful. Talk to your doctor about what's right for you.
- 7Lower stress. Stress can cause you to break out more often. To decrease your stress levels, try yoga, exercise, or meditation. You can also try cutting back on things that cause you stress. For instance, if you get stressed out by the news, try limiting your intake to 30 minutes a day.
How to Keep Your Skin Healthy?
Most people prefer to always keep a better appearance, in which your skin condition plays a vital role. To keep your skin looking its best, make sure to treat it well by nourishing it and keeping it hydrated.